MA245 AMPUTATED LOWER ARM
This traumatic amputation was designed for military simulation purposes. It can only be worn by standard patients with a real amputated lower arm. It is made with full silicone and has 1 bloodline embedded.
How to use the arm:
- Fit the prosthetic around the arm stump. If it is too small for the stump to fit, you can try cutting out more silicone. If it is too big there is no problem.
- Melt the FX gel according the instructions on the package, making sure it doesn’t get too hot.
- Poor the liquid gel in the prosthetic arm and push it around the stump.
- Leave to set. This may take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Feel if the prosthetic is secure. If it stays put it is fine to use.
- If the prosthetic slips off you need to glue it with the sticky glue. Follow instructions on the jar.
- Connect the tube to a bloodpump (not included)
- Blood and dirt can be added on the stump where needed.
This product includes:
- The prosthetic arm stump
- 100 gram GelFX
- Jar with sticky glue
Cleaning and repair:
To clean just rinse the prosthetic inside and out under the tap with warm water to remove all the blood. . Dry the stump thoroughly before storing away in a dust free place.
Silicone can get a bit oily . If that happens just wipe the product with some isopropyl alcohol and powder it of with translucent powder.
Silicone is a sturdy material that can last a long time. Most issues can easily be repaired with a repair kit.
Information about repairing silicone can be found on our blog pages