MA200 AMPUTATED TRAUMA LOWER LEG
This traumatic amputation was originally designed and made for military simulation purposes. It can only be worn by standard patients with a real amputated lower leg or with a manikin. It is made with full silicone and has 2 bloodlines embedded.
How to use the Leg:
- Fit the prosthetic around the leg stump. If it is too small for the stump to fit, you can try cutting out more silicone. If it is too big there is no problem.
- Melt the FX gel according the instructions on the package, making sure it doesn’t get too hot.
- Poor the liquid gel in the prosthetic leg and push it around the stump.
- Leave to set. This may take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Feel if the prosthetic is secure. If it stays put it is fine to use.
- Strap the Velcro material around the leg, best on top of legging or underclothes.
- If the prosthetic slips off you need to glue it with the sticky glue. Follow instructions on the jar.
- When the prosthetic is secured attach the mesh to the strapped on velcro material.
- to use on a manikin take of the lower leg and slip the prosthetic over the knee. Secure with tape or strap.
- Connect the tube to the syringe.
- Blood and dirt can be added on the stump where needed.
This product includes:
- The prosthetic leg stump
- 100 gram GelFX
- Jar with sticky glue
- Large syringe
Cleaning and repair:
To clean just rinse the prosthetic inside and out under the tap with warm water to remove all the blood. Dry the stump thoroughly before storing it away in a dust-free place.
Silicone can get a bit oily. If that happens just wipe the product with some isopropyl alcohol and powder it off with translucent powder.
Silicone is a sturdy material that can last a long time. Most issues can easily be repaired with a repair kit.
Information about repairing silicone can be found on our blog pages
This is a MedicFX product. Made in New Zealand